Live Bid Help
Check Below to see if any questions you have are answered and if not then please contact us
Minimum System Requirements
- Broadband Connection to the Internet
- Supported Browsers
- Internet Explorer 8 or later
- Firefox 12 or later
- Google Chrome
- Safari 6 or later on Mac OS X
- Adobe Flash Player (Download)
- Dual Core Intel or AMD processor with at least 1GB MB memory
- Windows XP SP3 or later
- Firewall IP opened on Http Port 5119
Check your system can run LiveBid
- Do not download anything whilst bidding as this may affect the performance of Live Bid on your PC
- Avoid having multiple browser windows open as this may also affect performance
- Prior to bidding, view the sales catalogue for the auction that you intend to participate in so that you know what is being auctioned
How do I register for a Live Auction?
Complete the registration form by clicking here
I've forgotten my Username or Password?
Contact Newark Motor Auctions to retrieve your details
My contact details are incorrect and I want to change them?
Contact Newark Motor Auctions who will be able to change them for you
How do I set an alarm for a lot?
If you would like to be warned when a lot you are interested in is about to be offered for sale, click on the "Set Alarm" button in the catalogue listing. The colour of the button will change from blue to red indicating that the alarm has been set. You can view any alarms you have set by going to the "My Account" page.
When I open Live Bid, I cannot see the auction taking place?
Ensure that you have both the Unreal Media Player 5 and Silverlight plugins installed. Additionally, there may be a communications problem - Press F5 to refresh the page. If the problem persists contact Newark Motor Auctions
Please note that there is NO current support for viewing the actual live video footage from the auction hall for other browsers apart from Internet Explorer.
When I open Live Bid, I can see the auction taking place but cannot participate in it?
There may be a communications problem - Press F5 to refresh the page. If the problem persists contact Newark Motor Auctions.
I can see the auction taking place but cannot hear the auctioneer?
Check the sound settings on your computer
I cannot submit a bid as the "Bid" button is greyed out?
Bidding may not have started. Additionally, check any messages displayed on the screen for a more specific reason